Light fried morning glory is a typical dish throughout Southeast Asia. The dish is commonly eaten with steam rice or sticky rice, papaya salad, potatoes, yam, etc. Depending on your preference, it can be cooked with fresh green or red peppers, green onions or onions, herbs and or carrots. For dinner tonight, I made some fresh organically grown morning glory from our site at Ekxang village in the Vientiane Province.Here are few photos, ingredients and simple steps to prepare the dish.
1-2kg fresh sliced morning glory
3 fresh Green onions
3 pieces of garlic
2 fresh tomatoes
4-6 fresh peppers
Two pinches of table salt
1/2 teaspoon of curry Powder
Steps: cook time is about 10 minutes
1. Make sure to wash and slice the morning glory into thin pieces about 1-2cm or larger depending on your preference.
2. Slice the vegetables that will be used with morning glory to make the dish.
3. Pull some vegetable oil in a frying pan as appropriate and turn on the stove to low heat.
4. When the oil is hot, put in the slices of onions and garlic. Let it fry for 1-2 minutes on low heat.
5. Put in the slices of tomatoes and allow to fry for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the sliced morning glory and add seasoning to enhance the taste and allow to fry for the rest of the 10 minutes. Don’t over cooked it.
7. Once the entire 10 minutes of cook period is done, remove and serve with steam or sticky rice, sweet potatoes, yam, etc. It should look something like this.