The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) works to reduce hunger and poverty, and improve human nutrition in the tropics through research aimed at increasing the eco-efficiency of agriculture.
We are initiating a search for an Internship in Agricultural Economics for the Decision and Policy Analysis (DAPA) research area. The principal role of the internship will be to support an impact assessment of a new coffee certification in Latin America. The DAPA group is a growing research area of CIAT that works towards CIAT’s mission of eco-efficient agriculture for the tropics by ensuring improved decision making by a range of stakeholders on the themes of climate change, linking farmers to markets and ecosystem services. See the DAPA website and the links below for more details on the project description
- Is the Fair Trade for all (FT4ALL) initiative really for all
- Putting a premium on empowerment
- The tale of the Khallwa, bees and coffees
This position is a 6-month internship beginning in March and will be based at CIAT headquarters in Palmira, Colombia.
Transport, lunch meals and medical insurance will be covered for the duration of assignment and the selected applicant will be paid a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- Support data processing (cleaning and analysis).
- Support the development of technical reports, policy briefs and papers as part of the evaluation group
- Masters of economics or related areas (student or graduate)
- Econometric skills and proven abilities with common econometrics software such as Stata.
- Excellent command of the English language.
Applicants are invited to send their CV and a motivation letter to Carolina González (firstname.lastname@example.org). All applications are to be submitted by February 20, 2015.